Every Thanksgiving my hubby begs because of this Spicy Southern Hot Corn! This sassy Southern-style formula has been section of our holiday food tradition for a long time and doubles like a side dish Along with a dip. Prepare yourself to rock and roll those events and potlucks and become sure to really have the recipe useful – individuals will completely harass you for this!
So… it’s very duper common because of this dish to become served appetizer-style having a hill of tortilla potato chips or a new fluffy baguette. In the event that you research “Hot Corn” on Pinterest it’s actually ALL that arises!
Don’t misunderstand me, we will GLADLY inhale this meal with either shipping technique but I’ve surely got to say, the best way to consume this spicy creamed corn will be alongside a plateful of vacation edges and mains.
We typically ensure it is with Xmas and Thanksgiving supper and there’s something therefore magical about tossing caution towards the wind and disregarding any semblance of meals spacing on our plates. EASILY can push just a little mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and stuffing into every bite of very hot corn I’ve essentially won at existence. The creamy, spicy corn reaches perfect harmony using the savory carbalicious stuffing, tart cranberry sauce, and buttery mashed potatoes. It’s actually great on poultry and/or turkey as well.
Everything. It’s excellent with everything!
Ok seriously, simply composing up this article offers me dying to reheat the final mug of leftover very hot corn. I managed to get early therefore i could snap some pictures for this article, but I’m prohibited to consume another bite of from the creamy, spicy deliciousness because I guaranteed it to Paul currently.
Hmmm… Probably I’ll consume it and make it once again tonight before he will get house tonight… YES!
Spicy southern very hot corn for everybody!
MAKE-AHEAD + LEFTOVER TIPS
This spicy very hot corn makes the perfect make-ahead meal for the holiday season (and probably the most EPIC leftovers of my entire life) so sense absolve to prep it the night time before!
To reheat you might have three options based on oven/stovetop availability. I love to take the very hot corn from the refrigerator about 30-60 moments in advance to thaw just a little. This will make it cook up quicker!
- Protect with foil (to avoid over-browning) or an oven-safe cover and bake at 350 F for approx. 20 moments.
- Re-heat around the stove over reduced heat, covered. Mix occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Microwave until very hot and bubbly!
SPICY SOUTHERN HOT CORN
Whether you decide to go the appetizer path or whip this up being an easy peasy part meal, this spicy southern very hot corn will rock your dish! Ensure it is as spicy or mainly because moderate as your coronary heart desires.
One Thanksgiving I managed to get so spicy that I’m confident people started perspiring and fanning their faces. It had been totally worthwhile!
COURSE APPETIZER, SIDE DISH
PREP TIME 5 MINUTE
SCOOK TIME 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS 8 SERVINGS
CALORIES 206 KCAL
- 3.5 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers diced (seeds/veins removed)
- 3-4 TBSP diced pickled jalapeno peppers plus extra to taste
- 2.5 TBSP butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika (regular, not smoked)
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce
- extra cheese for topping
- extra jalapeños for a fiery kick!
- spicy green salsa see note below
- cilantro or parsley for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw corn if using frozen.
- Chop all your veggies and set aside.
- For tender peppers, feel free to sauté your bell peppers and fresh jalapeño to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and cream cheese.
- Stir often until smooth and creamy.
- Add your corn, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and pickled jalapeños.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/2-3/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
- As written above this dish is quite mild in spice/heat. We like it spicy, so each time I taste before baking, then add 2-3 TBSP of HOT green salsa ( this brand is everything!) and some extra jalapeño. If you can handle the heat, totally follow suit! We love this dish as spicy as we can get it!
- No bell peppers handy? Feel free to use canned Mexi-corn, which has diced bell peppers mixed in with the corn.
- This makes a fabulous make-ahead dish for any occasion so feel free to prep it all the night before and bake when you’re ready the next day! Simply cover with foil (to prevent over-browning) and bake away. Enjoy!
- Recipe yields approx. 4 cups and 8 (1/2 cup) servings. Nutrition facts below are estimated with an online nutrition calculator. Simply adjust as needed based on toppings/extras! xo