Homemade Pierogi are usually filled with a flavorful potato and parmesan cheese combination, boiled, and deep-fried up in melted butter for any delicious, indulgent, complete comfort food supper.
Pierogies certainly are a classic Polish comfort and ease food dish. With this recipe I’ve used all the elements of a vintage pierogi and simplified them for the common home make. While this meal takes time to create, it is general fairly simple. An instant homemade dough needs some moving out that is where the majority of your time will undoubtedly be invested, but it’s fairly easy and an excellent item to create with kids, or as a family group. Many hands create light work.
- 3-1/2 mugs all-purpose flour plus much more for dusting
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 mug water
- 2 mugs mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dark pepper
- 1 mug grated cheddar cheese
- For Serving
- 1/2 mug butter
- 1/4 mug sour cream
- minced chives
- In a big mixing bowl producing the dough by merging flour, eggs, sour lotion and water. Gradually beat within the eggs until dough will be well combined. Change the dough out onto a clear, lightly floured surface area. Knead three to five 5 minutes. Cover in plastic cover and rest half an hour.
- In another large combining bowl, stir collectively mashed potatoes, garlic clove powder, onion natural powder, sodium, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Bring a big container of salted drinking water to some boil. In the mean time, pinch of tablespoon size bits of dough and move into around three dozen balls. Move each ball from a gently floured surface right into a 3 1/2 to 5 in . circle. Cover having a moist towel or papers towel to avoid them from blow drying.
- Spot a heaping tablespoon of potato filling up into the middle of each group. Fold in two, pinching the edges shut together with your fingers, or softly having a fork to seal. Employed in little batches, boil in salted drinking water 2-3 three minutes, until they float. Eliminate and transfer to some papers towel lined dish to drain.
- Melt 1/2 mug butter in a big skillet and saute pierogi until gently browned. Serve very hot topped with sour lotion and garnish with chives.