These Crispy Sausage Egg Breakfast Burritos are hearty enough for breakfast, brunch or brinner and freezer friendly in order to make them in advance, too!
crispy sausage egg breakfast burritos on plate with fruit
Perhaps you have had breakfast burritos? They’re nearly the same as the burritos you might have for your meal, except that you utilize eggs, rather than meat, to fill the tortillas. You can include some breakfast sausage towards the eggs, throw in a few veggies and perhaps some hash browns or fried potatoes.
We’ve been making these sausage and egg burritos for breakfast since way, in the past. See, we determined that as the kids don’t enjoy eggs, they’ll eat just about anything wrapped inside a tortilla! Actually, I’m gonna be completely honest here and inform you that this Hubs makes them. I really do the pancakes, muffins and French toast, but he’s the egg man.
Keyword: breakfast burritos, sausage, scrambled eggs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 10 eggs, beaten together
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Crumble and cook the sausage in a big skillet until brown. Drain grease, place sausage in writing towel-lined plate, cover and reserve
- In a big skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mostly set no longer runny
- Stir in sausage, then remove from heat
- Add some from the egg mixture to the center of a tortilla, top with a number of the cheese, fold sides, and roll-up
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Place burrito in pan, and cook for approximately 1 minute per side or until golden brown
- Repeat process until all burritos are created, and serve immediately