Zucchini Fritters are produced from grated zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and some garlic, fried inside a cast iron skillet and baked within the oven to crispy perfection! Serve these baked zucchini fritters having a side of sour cream for any delightfully healthy and gluten-free side dish or appetizer recipe.
These zucchini fritters usually do not prosper when mixed together in advance rather than cooked. The zucchini will continue steadily to lose its moisture and you’ll end up getting a soggy mess!
Course : Dinner, Side Dish
Cuisine : American
Keyword : fried zucchini, zucchini fritters, zucchini fritters recipe
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Calories : 187 kcal
Author : London
- 1 ½ lbs. zucchini grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour or gluten-free 1-to-1
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 large egg whisked
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. essential olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini utilizing a food processor having a grating attachment or having a boxed grater.
- Lay zucchini out in a set layer and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain excess moisture from zucchini utilizing a cheesecloth or perhaps a thin dish towel. You’ll be with about 1 cup of grated zucchini and 1 cup of strained liquid.
- In a big bowl combine grated zucchini, flour, cheese, egg, garlic, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Form 8 equally-sized balls which are each about 2-3 tablespoons each.
- In a big cast iron skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon oil and 4 balls. Smash zucchini balls with the trunk of the spatula and disseminate to about 2 ½ – 3 inches in diameter and about ½-inch thick.*
- Sear zucchini fritters for 2-3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining four zucchini balls.
- Place all zucchini fritters back to the skillet and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve zucchini fritters with sour cream and revel in!