Gluten Free Blueberry Cake may be the perfect breakfast cake, it’s an easy task to make and it is nice and moist, not dry like some gluten free baking is commonly.
I love to make my gluten free blueberry cake and freeze some for later, it can keep for a couple days within the fridge though. If you’re dairy free I’ve some easy substitutions within the recipe for you personally as well.
Breakfast can frequently be quite boring however, not if it involves Gluten Free Blueberry Cake! with Dairy Free options.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 40 minutes
Total Time : 55 minutes
Total Carbs : 54 g
Protein : 5 g
Servings : 8
slice of gluten free blueberry cake on the white plate
- 1 cup butter , 200g (or dairy free margarine)
- 1 cup sugar , 200g
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour blend , 310g
- 1 tsp xanthan gum , – omit in case your flour already has gum added
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk , 125mls
- 2 cups fresh blueberries , 300g
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice towards the bowl using the butter and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- Add the gluten free flour mix towards the bowl using the eggs mixture and mix again adding within the milk in smaller amounts before cake batter fully combined.
- Add the blueberries and fold in gently having a wooden spoon, avoid a mixer or you’ll break the berries.
- line a 9inch square baking pan with parchment paper on the bottom and grease the sides.
- Spread the batter evenly within the pan and sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar at the top.
- Bake on the guts shelf of one’s preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes or until fully cooked, check it having a toothpick in the centre to see if it happens clean.