Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce – an 80’s throwback! I love to pack in plenty of sun dried tomato flavour here utilizing the oil from your jar to cook the chicken. Why dispose of free flavour??
The added bonus may be the oil that sunlight dried tomatoes are marinated in. Free flavour! Utilizing the oil from your jar to cook the chicken really drives home sunlight dried tomato flavour in the entire dish.
I never toss out the oil that olives along with other antipasto things can be found in. I recycle them – either cook from it, or I take advantage of it to marinate cubes of feta or char grilled vegetables. Need to you ever really tried that? Super thrifty – and further flavour!
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Prep : 10 mins
Cook : 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
Chicken, Dinner Western
- 750g / 1.5lb chicken thighs OR chicken white meat , skinless and boneless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes , strips, drained of oil (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes jar (Note 1)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine (sub chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) chicken broth/stock , low sodium
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) thickened / heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (30g) parmesan, very finely shredded (Note 2)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (Note 3)
- 1 cup basil leaves , packed (optional)
- Breast: Cut chicken in two horiztonally to create 2 thin steaks.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil from sun dried tomat jar in a big skillet over high temperature.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides – 6 minutes total for thigh or 4 minutes for breast. Remove onto a plate, keep warm.
- Add the garlic and cook for 15 ninutes until light golden.
- Add wine. Bring to simmer and scrape underneath from the skillet to combine all of the brown bits in to the wine.
- Allow wine simmer for 1 minute roughly before smell of alcohol is fully gone which means they have evaporated.
- Mix in mustard, adding the chicken broth, cream, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for just two 2-3 three minutes until thickened. Stir regularly to dissolve parmesan cheese.
- Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir through basil leaves, then return chicken into pan. Spoon sauce over and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve immediately! Great served over mashed potato, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower or pasta. Or serve with bread privately to mop up sauce!