Cooking sausages within the oven with vegetables is really a quick dinner it is possible to throw together in only minutes. The bonus is that Sausage Bake includes gravy, and it’s all manufactured in one pan!
Bonus: the gravy gets a supplementary flavour boost from all of the sausage and vegetable drippings. This sausage recipe is really a game changer!
Recipe VIDEO above. Cooking sausages within the oven with vegetables and gravy is really a terrific quick dinner proven fact that takes mere minutes to put together! The sausages get nicely browned, the vegetables tender, along with a flavour packed gravy. Similar to creating a stew!
- 700g / 1.4 lb baby potatoes , halved
- 3 carrots , peeled and cut into 2″/5cm pieces
- 2 red onions , each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp essential olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 8 – 10 sausages (500-700g / 1-1.4lb) (Note 2)
- Oil spray (optional)
- 2 tbsp / 30g melted butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour (plain / all purpose)
- 2 cups / 500 ml beef broth (or chicken) (Note 3)
- Fresh thyme , for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F (standard) or 180C/350F (fan / convection).
- Place Vegetable ingredients in a big bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Add sausages and toss briefly.
- Transfer into roasting pan. Pan ought to be of the size therefore the vegetables are stacked about 2 deep – see photos and video. Rearrange sausages so that they are at the top.
- In exactly the same bowl useful for the vegetables, add butter and flour. Whisk.
- Add a little bit of beef broth and whisk, then whisk in remaining broth. (Don’t worry in the event that you end up getting some floating butter bits)
- Pour down the medial side from the pan (don’t pour on the sausages or veggies).
- Optional: Spray sausages with oil – browns slightly better (especially lean sausages).
- Bake 25 minutes. Turn sausages. Spray again with oil (optional) then bake for an additional 25 minutes or until sausages are browned and potatoes are soft.
- Serve Sausages and Vegetables with Gravy at the top, garnished with fresh thyme leaves if desired. (See notes for Gravy thickness adjustment)