THE VERY BEST Pancake Recipe – This tasty pancake recipe is simple and contains a secret ingredient that provides them an ideal fluffy pancake consistency.
What’s the trick ingredient which makes these pancakes the very best? Sour cream. It could sound strange but it surely works!
These sour cream pancakes possess a butter crisp outside and the within is indeed soft it’s almost creamy. To balance the flavor from the sour cream, I added more sugar. So they are actually sweeter pancakes than most. So excellent!
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 5 minutes
Total Time : 15 minutes
Servings : 12 pancakes
Author: Amanda Finks
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter for greasing the pan -about 3 tablespoons
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a big bowl, add the milk, sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until combined. It’s ok to possess small lumps of sour cream.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until no large clumps of dry flour remain, trying never to over mix. The batter ought to be very lumpy.
- Melt about 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a big non-stick skillet over medium-low heat until lightly bubbling and light brown.
- Ladle the batter in to the skillet making 3-4 pancakes (about 1/4 cup of batter each). Cook 3-4 minutes, until bubbles form together with each pancake as well as the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes. Cook 1-2 minutes, before bottoms are golden brown.
- Carefully get rid of any excess browned butter with paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the butter and pancake batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.