These Zucchini Fries will be the real deal. I’ll admit I had been very skeptical when Matt was making them to begin with. I didn’t think I’d find yourself eating them all. But, do you know what? I finished up eating them all and eating the parmesan crumbs from the plate. My biggest worry was they will be soggy, but you’ll find nothing soggy about them!
The coating because of this zucchini fry recipe is our cheesiest yet. All you have to is some Parmesan and nutritional yeast. It not merely coats the zucchini perfectly, but creates a thick and flavorful coating. As you can plainly see below the Parmesan doesn’t burn and doesn’t fall off. We’ve created an ideal coating because of this perfect keto, guilt free fry!
Baking these zucchini fries creates optimal lightness and crunch. Frying them in coconut oil or canola oil is surely an option for these fries, but that may just soak the zucchinis with unnecessary oil and leave you feeling kinda gross following a couple servings. Baking alternatively creates a crunchy outer coating while still cooking the zucchini completely for an ideal, light bite.
KEYWORD: ZUCCHINI FRIES
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 4 SERVINGS
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Cut zucchini into fries (whatever size you like) and reserve.
- Inside a bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well. It is possible to omit the nutritional yeast and use double the quantity of parmesan cheese if desired.
- In batches toss some zucchini fries in to the dry mix and shake around. Remove coated fries and repeat until complete.
- Individually put each fry back to the dry mix and press within the cheese coating to make sure it sticks. Note: the Parmesan doesn’t stick along with the yeast and that means you desire to press it in to the fries.
- Layer onto a baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone mat or onto a baking rack.
- Bake fries at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. If you work with a baking rack, bake for 25 minutes total. if you’re placing them directly onto the baking sheet/mat then bake for quarter-hour and flip over going back ten minutes to crisp entire zucchini fry.