Chicken breast and mushrooms cooked within a creamy garlic parmesan plant cream sauce in one pan within 30 minutes. This low-carb and keto warm and friendly dish is packed with flavor and tends to make a delicious meal on a salad, pasta or rice!
Creamy chicken is becoming my supreme weeknight dinner served over rice, pasta, a area of or perhaps a side of veggies when I’m doing low-carb. It’s produced all in a single pan within 30 minutes for fast prep and clean-up!
This creamy sauce will be EVERYTHING you need in a ointment sauce and much more. I’ve been perfecting it over the past several months which is it. It’s packed with lots of freshly minced garlic, parmesan, herbal products, and cream. Today’s sauce benefits mushroom and they are the star in the food. The mushrooms in the sauce were so delicious I had fashioned them alone with the spoonfuls! (hint: vegetarian meal idea!)
To Make Creamy Mushroom chicken you will need:
Chicken Breasts: This menu demands boneless, skinless hen busts but thinly pounded boneless, skinless chicken breast thighs may also work. The poultry breasts are lower in two horizontally to help the chicken make meals fast and generate thinner fillets.
Mushrooms: This menu will continue to work with just about any type of mushrooms. Sliced White colored, Crimini, or little one Bella mushrooms will be preferred.
Onion: Finely minced onion or shallots. The recipe can do without the onions but why not? They add a nice caramelized flavor to the cream sauce.
Garlic: Lots of fresh minced or crush garlic. The recipe calls for 3-4 but I went ahead and used 5 because I’m hooked on garlic.
Heavy Cream: Aka double cream or heavy whipping cream. The recipe will also work with half & half, light cream or evaporated milk.
Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese is optional but highly recommended. You can also use pre-grated parmesan.
Herbs: A few tablespoons of fresh herbs really do take this dish to the next level. You can use parsley, chives, rosemary, dill, cilantro, or leave out the herbs all together if you don’t have any on hand.
After you’ve gathered all your ingredients it’s time to get cooking! The good news is that the hard part is behind you and all that’s left is for you to cook everything and do your magic! The chicken, mushrooms, onion, garlic and everything else is cooked in one pan for easy clean-up.
Serve on al dente pasta, on rice, a dressed arugula salad, steamed vegetables, with zoodles, or freshly toasted garlic bread.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or about 2-3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or light cream, or half & half)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herb of choice optional
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper; saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Return chicken along with its juices to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with pasta, rice, salad, or veggies.