This can be a fast and simple dinner recipe with the ideal level of kick! Tender whole shrimp smothered in an instant and easy spicy cream sauce with the ideal level of perfectly cooked pasta. YUM!
This Cajun Shrimp Pasta dinner recipe has all you may want. Tender and succulent shrimp is coated within the cajun seasoning which adds the ideal level of flavor. The cream sauce only requires a few minutes ahead together as well as the pasta soaks up all of the flavor.
There are a couple of things I could always lead to dinner that may have my children drooling: shrimp and pasta. Around the nights once i go that extra mile and also make homemade pasta, most of us eat a significant amount of because nothing quite beats the taste of fresh pasta. But, most nights require a fast and simple dinner, so dried pasta from your store is to be able.
I wasn’t sure if my kids want the cajun seasoning, and even though it had been more spicy compared to the foods they typically eat, they simply couldn’t resist the truth that I made sauteed shrimp with pasta inside a cream sauce. It’s basically their love language. The apples don’t fall definately not the tree!
Steps to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
This can be an instant and easy dinner recipe ideal for a busy weeknight. While there is little measuring no chopping, the complete recipe can just about be cooked in the quantity of time it requires to cook the pasta. Which means that in 10-15 mintues, you could have a whole dinner.
This recipe starts by boiling the pasta in salted water. It’s vital that you work with a full tablespoon of salt within your pasta water as the salt will flavor the pasta. Before you decide to drain the pasta, make sure to reserve a number of the pasta water to thin out the sauce later, if needed.
As the pasta is cooking, saute the shrimp. They’ll cook quickly over relatively high temperature. You’ll take away the shrimp from your pan and set them aside and use that same pan to help make the sauce.
The cajun cream sauce is merely an assortment of heavy cream which you bring to a boil and parmesan cheese that melts in creamy smooth. There’s enough cajun seasoning ont he shrimp and in the pan to provide the sauce a lot of flavor. The sauce thickens within a few minutes and then you merely toss everything together to serve.
What things to serve with Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
Since this recipe is rich and heavy, this pasta dish is wonderful with vegetables of some sort. The healthy green salad or perhaps a side of steamed broccoli or spinach goes great with this particular dinner. The Cajun Shrimp Pasta has a lot flavor the the vegetable side dish you select ought to be simple and light to greatly help balance everything out.
Which kind of shrimp is most beneficial for Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
I always choose wild caught shrimp over farmed shrimp. I discover that there’s a big difference in taste and texture and it’s worthwhile to consume wild caught.
Also, with shrimp, I frequently recommend bigger is way better. I’m not just a fan of these teeny tiny bay shrimp. I favor my shrimp be at the very least two bites worth.
Instead of buying fresh shrimp, I often buy frozen shrimp from the pound in order that I always involve some in the ready within the freezer!
Course: Main Course
Keyword: cajun shrimp pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound raw shrimp deveined, cleaned, tail removed
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Add salt to pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente doneness. Before draining, scoop out at the very least 1/2 cup from the cooking water. Drain pasta and reserve.
- As the pasta is cooking, cook the shrimp and sauce. Combine shrimp with cajun seasoning and essential olive oil in bowl. Toss to mix.
- Heat large skillet over medium high temperature. Add butter and melt. Add shrimp in one layer and cook until golden brown on each side, turning only one time. You might have to cook shrimp in two batches to permit enough space. Once done cooking, transfer cooked shrimp to some clean plate and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add heavy cream to pan and scrape bottoms release a any food that’s stuck to underneath. Allow cream to bubble. Reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese to melt. Add cooked pasta and shrimp and stir to coat. If sauce must be thinned, add pasta water, one tablespoon at the same time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 255mg | Sodium: 1919mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 2.7mg