Cajun Butter Steak is a steak lovers dream! Made in as little as 20 minutes, you can have a tender, juicy, flavor packed steak dinner prepared in just one skillet. See why these steak bites are a regular on our dinner rotation
This dinner can be served the same way traditional steak is served. Match it with a salad or veggie, and a starch like a potato, and you have a 5 star meal.
Should you find yourself with leftovers, it can also be used as the protein to make a number of other delicious main dish options. See my detailed recommendations for this in the Leftovers section below
This recipe is easy, however there are a few tips that make all the difference in getting juicy, tender, and perfectly seasoned steak.
This Cajun Butter Steak is addictingly delicious! Perfectly tender and juicy steak is cooked to perfection, combined with sweet bell peppers, and seasoned with the perfect amount of cajun kick.
- 2 lbs ribeye steak
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 green onions chopped
- Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes, removing any excess fat or gristle.
- Place steak in a bag or container with 2 tbsp cajun seasoning and 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Stir to evenly distribute the seasoning and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, chop the bell pepper and heat the skillet with remaining oil to high heat.
- Add the peppers to the skillet in a single layer carefully and let cook 3 minutes, stirring once each minute. Remove peppers and set aside.
- Add steak to the skillet in a single layer. Let cook 2-3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in butter, pressed garlic and peppers and cook for 1-2 more minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!