I had all sorts of recipes I was excited to share with you all before Christmas but I just got out of the hospital for a kidney infection (extra serious because I had a kidney transplant). I am doing great now, it just means my hospital time cut into my recipe time and now I only have time for 1-2 recipes before Christmas, so I pick this CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE
Chocolate Éclair Cake is one of the best desserts in the world. I could have eaten half the pan in one sitting if I wasn’t trying to leave some to photograph (and later I did eat a quarter of it one siting, and would have eaten it all if I wasn’t trying to be nice and save some for Patrick.
And the best thing about this Chocolate Éclair Cake (aside from the outrageously creamy, luscious layers), is that it is best if chilled overnight so the graham crackers can soften and the filling layers thicken so all you have to do is pull it out of the fridge to serve everyone’s favorite dessert.
chocolate Eclair Cake is super quick and easy to make but is a crowd pleasing, show stopping, all time favorite dessert! This Chocolate Éclair Cake features layers of graham crackers, mega creamy filling made with vanilla pudding and homemade whipped cream, all topped with a luscious chocolate glaze. It is best made the day before for an easy, stress free.
- 2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 sleeves (14 oz.) graham crackers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- PUDDING: Add milk and pudding mixes to a large bowl and whisk until smooth and thick. Refrigerate.
- STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM: Stir the water and gelatin together in a small bowl; let sit 5 minutes. Microwave the mixture until it’s bubbling around the edges and the gelatin dissolves, about 15 – 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Using a hand electric mixer, whip the heavy cream on medium-low speed until foamy (about 1 minute), then increase speed to high and whip until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Add the gelatin mixture and whip until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- FILLING: Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding then beat on low with electric mixer just until combined.
- ASSEMBLE: Cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking with a layer of graham crackers (1 sleeve), breaking the crackers as necessary to fit pan. Top with half of the filling, then another layer of graham crackers, the remaining filling and another layer of graham crackers (3 layers of graham crackers, 2 layers of filling).
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Add chocolate chips, ¾ cup heavy cream, and corn syrup to a medium bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Let glaze cool for 10 minutes in the refrigerator then pour and smooth evenly all over the top layer of graham crackers.
- CHILL: Cover and refrigerate Chocolate Éclair Cake for at least 8 hours before servings. Cake may be chilled for up to 5 days. Cake is easiest to slice and serve immediately after removing from the refrigerator.