the name of this recipe says it all: Tater tot. Breakfast. Casserole. Are you hungry yet.When Sunday morning rolls around, I always make big breakfasts for the family. But there’s a catchI prefer easy casserole recipes that are simple to make, easy to clean up after, and of course, pleasing for everyone’s palate.This means I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with the ones I love most.
the star ingredient is everyone’s favorite potato puff, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Eggs and juicy sausage links are mixed in with the tots, along with melty, gooey cheddar cheese. Onion, garlic, and bell peppers round out this recipe, which is topped with a sprinkle of scallions. This easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe is like comfort food in a pan, so don’t be surprised when you have everyone at the table begging for seconds.
This dish is nostalgic for grown-ups and just plain yummy for kids! Besides being people-pleasing, This breakfast casserole with tater tots and sausage is a filling way to start the day.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is an easy & delicious breakfast loaded with peppers, breakfast meats & eggs.Great for serving a crowd and a family favorite.
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 bunch scallions diced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces precooked sausage links chopped
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the diced onion to the bacon and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so until the bacon is cooked and onions are translucent. Use this cooking time to prep your other ingredients.
- Once cooked, add the bacon, onions, and any grease to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the peppers, scallions, 2 cups of cheese, sausage, and tater tots and mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Pour the mixture over the top of the tater tot mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.