Waffles are a classic breakfast and brunch staple that have become so popular because of their amazing crispy golden exterior with deep pockets for holding syrup and butter! My family would have these waffles every single weekend, and in fact, sometimes I get up early on a weekday morning because I’m craving them.Everyone knows and loves getting waffles at their favorite breakfast restaurants, and they’re truly just as easy to make at home! Want more waffles all the time like we do? Try out these Blueberry Waffles they’re so easy.
Belgian waffles are similar to classic waffles, except that they have deeper pockets due to being made in a Belgian Waffle Maker. Belgian waffles are also very light and airy inside. Traditionally this was due to them being made with yeast. Generally today they are made with baking powder, like in my recipe. In order to keep the waffles light, we beat the egg whites separately from the yolks, then, fold them into the batter at the end.
Because of the major texture difference, you cannot use pancake batter to make these waffles.Homemade Belgian Waffle Recipe is easy and makes delicious, authentic, Belgian waffles.These waffles are perfectly crisp and golden on the outside while being light and fluffy on the inside
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs Separated
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or any other favorite toppings.