Juicy homemade meatballs baked with tomato sauce and topped with a layer of mozzarella, this Baked Meatballs Casserole is a super easy family dinner that everyone will enjoy. Even better, it’s a freezer friendly meal and works as a meal prep as well.
This messy heated meatball dish is certainly going to be a hit in your family. It’s an exemplary solace dinner however is low carb so you don’t feel burdened in the wake of eating it. It’s brilliantly messy, sassy, and overflowing with flavors.
As we approach the Christmas season, I’m continually hoping to make the most straightforward suppers conceivable as it seems like we have 101 activities and tasks to run. Fortunately, this prepared meatball goulash is incredibly simple to make and outside of making the meatballs, this formula is pretty uninvolved. On the off chance that you prepare of time and pre-make your meatballs, you essentially need to put everything into your goulash dish and heat.
There are a couple of approaches to make this formula early as it’s a very cooler well disposed formula! Pick the one you locate the most advantageous. For technique one and strategy 2, you can make the twofold or triple the meatballs so the following time you need to make this prepared meatball meal, you save yourself time from making the meatballs! For technique 3, you can likewise execute the cook once, eat twice idea by multiplying all the fixings and making two goulashes at that point freezing one for later while you appreciate one for supper.
- ½ cup red onion – chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef*
- ¼ cup seasoned keto breadcrumbs – or you can use almond flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley – finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese – for topping
- 1 tsp parsley – fresh chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and butter a casserole pan. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ground beef, keto breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt and black pepper in a large salad bowl. Then, add the sauteed onions and mix everything well to combine.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the meatballs all the same size. Place the meatballs in the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs casserole from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top with the tomato sauce and shredded cheese.
- Place the meatballs casserole back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
- Meal-Prep: Place an even amount of meatballs, any veggies of your preference, and mashed cauliflower into 5 glass containers. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 5 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1½ – 2 minutes. The time depends on the power of your microwave.
*You can also mix 1 lb (450g) ground beef and 1 lb (450g) spicy pork sausage.