Mashed potatoes (and stuffing) are the best part of any holiday meal. The tips below ensure perfection every time.
The most ideal sort of potatoes for pureed potatoes are boring potatoes liike Russet or Idaho potatoes. Yukon gold work as well however they’re more rich and not exactly as starchy.If you’d like, leave a portion of the skin on if utilizing Yukon gold potatoes. The skin adds surface.
This formula is for exemplary pureed potatoes so there are no increments of cheeses or colorful flavors. Obviously, you can add those on the off chance that you’d like.Butter,This is one spot where there truly are no substitutes. Add genuine margarine to your potatoes and a lot of it. I lean toward salted on the off chance that I have it however unsalted works and the potatoes can be salted to taste.Cream/MilkI utilize customary entire milk in this formula, you can likewise utilize cream in the event that you have it available. Make sure to warm the dairy for the best potatoes Garlic/Seasonings: Again, keeping this formula basic, I basically add salt and pepper. In the event that you’d like a smidgen of garlic, slash a couple of cloves and let them overflow with the potatoes.
Cream cheddar, garlic, and spread added to custom made pureed potatoes can add a heavenly tang! You can truly add whatever fixings you love the most, pureed potatoes are excusing.
Fluffy, creamy and buttery, these are literally the PERFECT mashed potato.
- 4 pounds potatoes russet or Yukon gold
- ⅓ cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup milk or cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic optional.
- Peel and quarter potatoes, place in cold salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
- Heat milk on the stove top (or in the microwave) until warm.
- Add butter to the potatoes and begin mashing. Pour in milk a little at a time while using a potato masher to reach desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Add milk/cream a little bit at a time until desired consistency is reached.