Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken with crispy chicken thighs, fresh pineapple chunks, onions and bell pepper takes 15 minutes of prep.
Moderate Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken is a brisk and simple supper that you can make on a weeknight that will move you to the Hawaiian Islands.The first time I make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken it was on the grounds that we were searching for a better choice to supplant Sweet and Sour Chicken, which is one of our #1 takeout dinners. As in the past this post is liberally supported by Foster Farms, who I use only for chicken and have since I was a child experiencing childhood in California.
The tart and sweet sauce with the pineapples, onions and chime peppers is a flavor we weren’t hoping to lose, yet the pan fried lumps of chicken needed to go.Foster Farms is a major part in the “New Comfort Food” development which hopes to remove plans from the case, utilize neighborhood, new and excellent items (which by the way are anti-toxin free) and change the manner in which you consider comfort food.
Gone is the outdated Sweet and Sour Chicken takeout and here today is an astounding Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken that causes you hold your time the board under control after you return home from work or school.With only fifteen minutes of planning time in the first part of the day you can get back home, put some rice on the burner and when it is finished cooking you’ll have a phenomenal home prepared feast with new fixings rather than takeout!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken with crispy chicken thighs, fresh pineapple chunks, onions and bell pepper takes 15 minutes of prep and makes the perfect meal to come home to after a long workday!
- 4 Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple , cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion , cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds , optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 1″ chunks
- parsley , for garnish.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Carefully add the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
- Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional 30 minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.