a breakfast casserole with eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, tortellini and cheese. Make it fast in your Instant Pot or slow in your Crockpot.
This morning meal formula thought is a side project of Garth’s Breakfast Bowl from Trisha Yearwood’s cookbook called Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood*. Trisha says, “Garth likes to prepare breakfast. It’s awesome to snooze and awaken to the smell of bacon cooking. Try not to be excessively envious, however he generally has a new pot of espresso made, as well! He made this morning meal bowl since he needed something truly good. He’s the principal individual I at any point met who puts pasta with his eggs and bacon, however it works, and it tastes incredible! In case you’re truly ravenous, all the better in case you will have one of these morning meal bowls. Try not to stress on the off chance that you can’t complete it; Garth will drop by later and ‘tidy up’!”
What’s more, she’s privilege about the pasta and the eggs cooperating. I was a little distrustful when I read the formula yet I was unable to accept how delicious tortellini was when installed in a morning meal goulash. It is so scrumptious!!! Attempt this formula for Christmas morning this year! You will not be disappointed.I made it simple on myself and utilized pre-cooked wiener patties and bundled bacon disintegrates so this morning meal truly met up rapidly. You can concoct crude bacon and breakfast frankfurter and afterward start with stage 1 of the formula on the off chance that you like or if that is the thing that you have close by. It will simply add a couple of moments to the planning time.
A breakfast casserole with eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, tortellini and cheese. Make it fast in your Instant Pot or slow in your Crockpot.
- 1 ½ cups frozen hashbrowns
- 4 pre-cooked sausage patties, broken into 4 pieces each
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- ⅓ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half and half (or milk)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup grated cheddar.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- This is a pot in pot recipe. This means that you will be cooking the breakfast casserole inside a pan that fits inside the Instant Pot liner. Spray the pot-in-pot dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the hashbrowns to the bottom of the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the hashbrowns.
- Layer the sausage patties, tortellini and bacon on top. In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, half and half and salt and pepper together. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of the Instant Pot (or 1.5 cups for 8 quart pot). Place the egg pan on top of a trivet with handles*. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and let it melt. Scoop into bowls and serve. You can add a couple drops of tabasco for a little kick or spoon on some salsa on top.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Layer the hashbrowns, sausage, tortellini and bacon.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, half and half and salt and pepper together. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let melt. Scoop into bowls and serve. You can add a couple drops of tabasco for a little kick or spoon on some salsa on top.