This Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole is the perfect one pan side dish that is loaded with tender broccoli and sharp cheddar cheese. This easy gluten-free side is perfect for even your pickiest eaters!
My overall dependable guideline for plans that I share with you is quite basic. On the off chance that the formula is delectable, easy to make, straightforward, and utilizes standard fixings a great many people as of now buy then it goes on the blog. In the event that it is overly confounded and requires a huge load of fixings it is an off limits. By and by, I like the two sorts of plans. I like snappy and simple, however I additionally like multi step-substitute the-kitchen-for-three-hours plans. I like the test.
However, consistently I concluded Maebells would have been an asset for normal individuals. I need the entirety of the plans to be simple enough somebody figuring out how to cook can track, yet in addition something a home cook expert can appreciate. This Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Rice is only that. Basic, exemplary flavors that meet up for the ideal solace food.
This broccoli cheddar rice meal has large numbers of the fundamental fixings you may supposition like an onion, broccoli, cheddar and rice. Nonetheless, there is one fixing I utilize that you may not anticipate. Rather than heating up the rice in salted water, I utilize chicken stock. I locate this additional progression takes the flavor to an altogether new level.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup liquid (water, broth or milk. I personally add milk so it adds a creamy flavor but it is up to you)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat, add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the same sauce pan, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the jasmine rice, cover and reduce temp to low, stirring occasionally. After the rice has simmered on low for 12 minutes remove cover and stir well.
- Add in two tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup water, salt and pepper, cover and let simmer for 3 more minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir in broccoli. Continue to let the rice cook on low for 4-5 minutes or until your broccoli is the desired tenderness.
- Stir in cheese and serve.