These instant pot chicken meatballs are the easy button when it comes to quick, healthy weeknight meals. With an instant pot cook time of 5 minutes, and only a few simple ingredients, they’re Whole30, Paleo, and gluten-free while also being full of flavor and totally delicious. This meatball recipe makes enough for the whole family, or is perfect for meal prep.
Its a well known fact I love my moment pot, yet in the event that somebody asked me to name one explanation behind what valid reason it’s incredible to the point that reason would be these chicken meatballs. It truly couldn’t get simpler to make these, and it makes a large enough clump for me to freeze half for later in the month when I need a speedy choice for snacks or neglect to design supper for that evening.
Truly, you dump the sauce fixings into the moment pot, roll the meatballs and set them in there. Set the clock for 5 minutes, and that’s all there is to it. Anybody can do this, which additionally makes it an incredible formula for somebody who’s simply starting to get the hang of their moment pot. I will likewise be the first to concede I am not an enthusiast of chicken meatballs when they’re prepared on a sheet dish.
Ground chicken tends to be somewhat insipid and exhausting once cooked. These meatballs are the specific inverse of flat! The key to the best tasting Whole30 moment pot chicken meatballs lies in the flavoring and the sauce. It’s so imperative to prepare the chicken well preceding folding into meatballs, and it’s similarly essential to utilize a delightful marinara sauce since that is the thing that the meatballs will cook in! The high pressing factor of the moment pot serves to truly imbue that flavor.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 24-oz. jar Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara
- 1/3 cup water.
- Spray the bottom of the instant pot with a thin coating of oil (avocado or olive are fine)
- Add the marinara sauce and water into the instant pot
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, almond flour and seasonings. Use your hands to mix together well. Roll into 1-inch meatballs, and directly place the meatballs into the instant pot and sauce, layering the bottom. They can be touching each other, but don’t cram them
- Once the bottom is covered in meatballs, add a second layer by gently placing the remaining meatballs on top of the bottom layer. Do this until all of the meatballs are in the instant pot
- Close the lid, and set for 5 minutes on high pressure and the valve on “sealing”
- Once done, do a quick release. Serve the meatballs with the marinara!
- If your chicken is too “wet” to form into meatballs, you may need to add an additional 1/2 cup almond flour.
- You can also add 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained) to the instant pot if you would like to for some extra veggies in the sauce