Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast that leaves you with tender meat, vegetables and a built in gravy to enjoy them all with in just 15 minutes of prep! Perfect weeknight dinner.
Extreme Slow Cooker Pot Roast is an ideal weeknight feast you can put forth with little attempt the morning of and you can even prepare the prior night. This pot broil formula is a pared down rendition of a formula I used to utilize and adjusted to provide for customer’s who’s youngsters were going off all alone.
They needed simple plans they could make that would help them to remember the dinners I had made for them. This dish conveys on that guarantee offering a warm, generous, solid supper with small cooking information required and even without singing the meat you’ll have a delightful feast!
The incredible thing about this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast is that the entire feast truly is made in one spot. We like to serve it with a side plate of mixed greens to add a new flavor to the dinner yet for stormy climate and occupied weeknights this is practically the best quality level for us for tasty food.
You can include different spices and vegetables as you might want. We love playing with adding diverse root vegetables like turnips and parsnips, in some cases we add onion or yams. In the fall we love distinctive squash as well. This dish can be acclimated to your #1 veggies without any issues!
- 4-5 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- minced parsley optional, to garnish.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, pepper and thyme (if you are sensitive to sodium, adjust to your taste or you can even leave the salt out altogether since you’re adding broth).
- Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high.
- Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- Lay the beef on top, then add the beef broth and cover, cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- In the last hour mix your cornstarch and water and add it to the slow cooker to thicken the sauce or you can take the food out when done cooking, and add the leftover liquid to a small saucepan with the cornstarch/water mixture and cook on high for just 2-3 minutes until the liquid is thickened into a gravy.
- Pour the gravy over the meat and garnish with parsley if desired.