These BBQ chicken dishes are stacked with such a lot of goodness: destroyed BBQ chicken, prepared cubed yams broiled until fresh, a basic coleslaw, and brisk custom made dill pickles. They’re solid and filling and shockingly speedy and simple. Whole30 and paleo, as well.
These paleo and Whole30 BBQ bowls are unbelievably tasty with prepared yams, cool and crunchy coleslaw, and tart dill pickles. So filling and sound and a stunning flavor combo.The custom made dill pickles are shockingly straightforward, quick, and totally lift this bowl to the following level.These BBQ chicken dishes with yams and coleslaw are excessively simple to make because of an Instant Pot or moderate cooker, however can undoubtedly be made without it is possible that one.
A healthy and filling bowl of BBQ chicken, sweet potatoes, coleslaw, and homemade dill pickles. Surprisingly simple and quick to make but packed full of flavor. Whole30 and paleo.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/4 pounds
- 3/4 cup Whole30 BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing See Note
- salt to taste
- or about 2 1/2 cups shredded BBQ chicken or pork
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon avocado or refined coconut oil
Quick Dill Pickles:
- Sprig of fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 English cucumber sliced thin
- Pinch yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- OR 1/4 cup sliced cold dill pickles See Note
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white apple cider, or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 14- oz bag shredded coleslaw mix See Note
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Dry BBQ seasoning
Wine Pairings (NOT for Whole30!)
- 2018 The Resident Zinfandel
- 2017 Solar Del Alma Malbec
- Epic Pursuit Rosé Wine Spritzer
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Make sweet potatoes: On a baking sheet, toss all ingredients and roast for 20 m. After 20 minutes, stir well, then return to oven. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until browning on edges but not too crunchy or crisp.
- Make the pickles: While sweet potatoes roast, combine all pickle ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make BBQ chicken: Next, combine all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Seal and cook at High Pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release when time is up then shred chicken breasts with two forks or use a hand mixer on low speed. Turn on Sauté mode and heat for 5 minutes until chicken is coated in sauce. If you do not have an Instant Pot, see Note for regular shredded chicken or slow cooker directions.
- Make coleslaw: Mix all ingredients besides coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Place coleslaw mix in a medium bowl and pour dressing over. Combine well, using hands if desired.
- Assemble bowls: Divide sweet potatoes, BBQ chicken, and coleslaw evenly among 4 bowls. Top with a couple pickle slices. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.