Mediterranean Bean Salad is a fresh and healthy side dish, made with three types of beans, a delicious vinaigrette, lots of vegetables and fresh herbs. It’s perfect for meal prep, potlucks and as a side dish during grilling season.
Is it true that you are a fanatic of Mediterranean food? The Mediterranean eating regimen is frequently promoted for its medical advantages as a result of its attention on heart-sound fats, vegetables, foods grown from the ground. This Mediterranean Bean Salad consolidates these components.
It has Fresh,colourful vegetables Hear thealthy olives and olive oil.High-fiber vegetables (additionally a decent wellspring of plant-based protein)
Make certain to look at the formula card beneath for careful amounts and nitty gritty guidelines!
Mediterranean Bean Salad is a fresh and healthy side dish, made with three types of beans, a delicious vinaigrette, tons of vegetables and fresh herbs. It’s perfect for potlucks and as a side dish during grilling season. Enjoy it on its own for a vegetarian meal!
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 19oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (white kidney beans)
- 1 19oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- half an English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (red, orange or yellow)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup small-dice red onion
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (113 g)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the beans, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, olives, parsley, red onion and basil.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss until everything is evenly coated. Fold in the crumbled feta. For best flavour, cover the salad and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator and eat within 4 days.