This easy to make Keto Swedish meatballs recipe is perfect for meal planning! Serve with cauliflower mashed potatoes or some 30-second Keto cloud bread! Scroll down for the yummy recipe!
Have you attempted Ikea’s Swedish meatballs? Growing up my mother would make an exceptional excursion to Ikea just to have their Swedish meatballs! These Keto Swedish meatballs are basically the same AND they’re low carb! This rendition is made with Keto-accommodating fixings and they’re prepared in less than 30 minutes!
Customary Swedish meatballs are made with a balance of pork and hamburger however these are made distinctly with hamburger. This formula additionally functions admirably with ground chicken,If you’ve at any point made any meatball formula you realize that they’re made utilizing breadcrumbs, however for this low carb formula I utilized ground pork skins. You can likewise utilize almond flour however I like the surface the pork pound gives the meatballs.
Course : Main Course
Cuisine : European
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 390 kcal
- 4-5 tbsp Butter
- 1 White onion
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Arrowroot powder or xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp water
- Fresh parsley
- Add ground beef, crush pork rinds, 1 teaspoon of salt, spices, egg, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream into a large bowl. Gently fold ingredients together.
- Roll about 1 ½ tablespoon of ground beef mixture into a ball, repeat with remaining ground beef mixture. Set to the side or refrigerate meatballs until needed.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium to medium high heat. Add in onions and a teaspoon of salt. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and golden -about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove onions from the pan, and leave in any remaining butter.
- Warm olive oil into the same pan and add in meatballs. Brown meatballs on all sides over medium high heat, and then lower heat to medium/medium low and cover pan. Every 3-4 minutes, rotate meatballs until they are cooked through. Total time can take between 10-20 minutes, depending on how thick you made your meatballs.
- Remove meatballs from pan, once cooked through.
- Return heat to medium high, add in broth, mustard, and remaining heavy cream. Mix well, and allow sauce to come to a simmer. Keep it at a gentle simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, in a small bowl, whisk together water and xanthan gum or arrowroot. Mix until smooth to create a slurry.
- Gently pour in your slurry to the pan and whisk ingredients together to keep from forming lumps.
- Lower heat to medium or medium low and continue to cook sauce for an additional 4-7 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add in your onions and meatballs and cover meatballs with the sauce and continue to gently simmer until meatballs have warmed through again.