Brisket Tacos. This simple, hamburger moderate cooker formula has been stewed with chiles, and flavors making it so natural to shred. Ideal for making tacos, nachos, burritos, servings of mixed greens, or anything you need!
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 3½ cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 yellow onion , quartered
- 1 poblano chile , de-seeded and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 stems cilantro leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- slow cooker
- Prepare Beef: Place beef brisket in crockpot with the fat side up.
- Add Ingredients: Add in the chopped onion, chile, minced garlic, salt, cumin, oregano, cilantro leaves, and bay leaves. Pour in the beef broth.
- Slow Cook: Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours until meat is fully cooked and easily shredded. Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and place on a tray or large plate. Shred the meat using a fork and knife, or two forks.
- Save Juices: Pour the juices that the brisket was cooking in from the slow cooker into a strainer to strain out all the onions and leaves from the juice. (SAVE the juices)Skim the top of the juices to remove excess grease and then spoon a small amount, just a couple of tablespoons onto the meat.
- Serve: Serve the meat inside of burritos, tacos, or enchiladas. Or enjoy low carb with some grilled vegetables.
- Reserve Juices: Keep some of the juice if you will be saving some brisket to reheat later. Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
- Storage: store leftover meat in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezing: wrap the meat with plastic wrap or foil, then place in a plastic freezer bag or freezer safe container. Refrigerate until chilled then place in the freezer. Freeze for 2-4 months. To thaw remove meat to the refrigerator and let thaw overnight.
- Reheating Instructions: Prior to re-heating pour another couple of tablespoons of juice over the meat. This will keep it moist and prevent drying out during re-heating. To reheat place meat and juices in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 375℉ for 15 minutes or until meat is heated through.
calories: 378kcal, carbohydrates: 4g, protein: 49g, fat: 17g, saturated fat: 6g, cholesterol: 141mg, sodium: 896mg, potassium: 903mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 1g, vitamin a: 103iu, vitamin c: 18mg, calcium: 34mg, iron: 5mg