Whole30 sweet potato chicken poppers are a healthy “chicken nuggets” recipe alternative that are quick and easy to make. A few simple ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes this is the perfect Whole30, Paleo, or gluten-free family friendly meal for during the week. Double the batch and toss these chicken poppers in the fridge or freezer to make meal prepping a breeze!
I realize I talk about how simple all Whole Kitchen Sink plans are nevertheless this one has knock up to initially put. All it calls for is ground chicken, yams, almond flour and a small bunch of flavors and a trusty sheet dish. In the event that your neighborhood supermarket doesn’t have ground chicken, ground turkey is an extraordinary substitute. Almond flour and the flavors are broadly accessible these days, and can be purchased at all significant supermarkets, even online at Amazon or a markdown with Thrive Market.
First you’ll preheat your broiler, and delicately oil a huge sheet container with some oil or cooking splash oil. At that point focus in… utilizing your hands is the most ideal approach to combine everything as one. Start by putting your ground chicken, yams (that have been stripped and destroyed) into a huge blending bowl, add your flavors and almond flour and utilize your hands to consolidate everything together!
Take little pieces and fold into a ball and somewhat straighten shaping poppers or chunks, and spot them equally scattered on a lubed sheet skillet. Pop them in the stove at 350 degrees and cook for 25 minutes, flipping partially through. How simple is that? The chicken tenders ought to be about a quarter to half inch thick, and look like a level egg shape.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried minced onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet with a little bit of cooking oil, or lay down oven safe parchment/baking paper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until the sweet potato and spices are incorporated well
- Using your hands, form them into the nuggets or “poppers”. They should be about 1/4 inch-1/2 inch thick, in the shape of an oval or “flat egg shape”
- Place each formed nugget directly onto the sheet pan, in even rows with space between each, and continue until all of the chicken mixture in the mixing bowl is gone
- Next, put the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce
- If you want them to be a bit more crisp, put them under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or crisp them up on a fry pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side
- If the chicken is too sticky to form, you can place the mixing bowl into the fridge for 20-30 minutes. This will help to make it easier to work with when forming it into the nuggets.