Easy, crunchy, incredibly flavorful Garlic Butter Cauliflower Rice is simple, healthy, and so surprisingly GOOD!
Cauliflower rice is cooked in margarine with garlic and spinach for a solid, delightful and simple side dish. This is an ideal side dish for chicken or fish, and it’s done in around 15 minutes.I don’t actually have a clue what more to say about this than that I am insane in affection with cauliflower rice. I truly AM! It’s SO acceptable. Better than rice, and better than non-riced cauliflower… does that even bode well? It does to me.
This Garlic Butter Cauliflower Rice with Spinach is a simple low carb, keto, gluten free, paleo, veggie lover, and in particular, SUPER DELICIOUS formula that will have even the pickiest eater licking up her plate.I have a 9 year old that essentially loathes food – indeed, food that isn’t chocolate and oat – however she ate up this cauliflower rice, stone age man style.
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 4 serves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste▢salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth (you can also use chicken broth, bone broth, beef broth, etc…)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 ounces baby spinach.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes; careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice; season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, mixing around until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add in the vegetable broth and lime juice.
- Stir in baby spinach; cook and stir for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted and the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Store cooled down, cooked cauliflower rice in covered airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can also freeze cooked cauliflower rice in covered airtight containers. Freeze for up to 9 months.
- Defrost cauliflower rice on the counter before reheating.