Searching for approaches to go through extra dish chicken? Look no farther than this fast, simple and darn right tasty Chicken and Bacon Pasta!
I’ve been significance to put this formula on my blog for not terrible, but not great either long now, however consistently kept down. Everybody has a mark particular/’unpredictable’ feast right? OK cool, well better believe it. This is one of them.
I in a real sense make it constantly, it was just a few days ago my accomplice gone to me and inquired as to whether I’ve transferred this previously, to which I answered ‘I don’t know whether it’s blogworthy, right?’. Pasta tumbled down his face and he gazed vacantly. That was my answer.
- 7oz / 200g Penne Pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 4 rashers Streaky Bacon
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup / 150g Leftover Chicken, sliced
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 cup / 20g Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- pinch of Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Pop 7oz/200g pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Retain a cup of pasta water just before draining.
- Meanwhile, fry 4 diced rashers of bacon in a drizzle of olive oil until it just begins to crisp, then add 1 small finely diced onion. Fry until the onion begins to soften, then add 1 finely diced garlic and fry for a minute or so longer.
- Add 1cup/150g leftover chicken just to heat it through, then add 1/4cup/60ml sour cream, 1/2cup/125ml double/heavy cream, 1/4cup/60ml sweet chilli sauce, chilli flakes and seasoning to taste.
- Drain and stir through your pasta, then add 1/4cup/20g parmesan and give it a final stir. Thin out with pasta water as needed. Serve with an extra helping of parmesan and chilli flakes.
- Leftover Chicken – I recommend using breast if you have it, but dark meat (i.e. thighs) would still work great. If you actually don’t have leftover chicken, feel free to fry up a breast and chop. I recommend frying over medium/high heat until just cooked through, then start from frying bacon. Once you’ve stirred through the pasta, slice the chicken and combine.
- Bacon Fat – Only drain the fat away if there’s more than about 1 tbsp worth, it adds gorgeous flavour to the sauce.
- Calories – Based on using 1 tsp olive oil for frying and 1 tbsp extra to serve between 2 people.