This easy gnocchi and roasted vegetables is a quick and easy weeknight vegetarian meal.
What is gnocchi? So on the off chance that you’ve never had gnocchi you are in for a treat. Gnocchi is a potato dumpling. Potato’s are crushed and blended in with some flour and egg. You can make it without any preparation, or do what I do and get some at the store. DeLallo is a brand I use regularly, or the Kroger store brand gnocchi. You can discover it in the pasta passageway. There are entire wheat and yam gnocchi alternatives as well (which would thoroughly work for this formula!).
On the off chance that you have a meat eater in the house you can broil some chicken on a different container and serve it as an afterthought (or one peruser suggested smoked wiener!). Disclaimer: We are not vegan, but rather we love eating plant based dinners frequently.
I love the way flexible this formula is. You could change out the vegetables, add white beans, or add instant pesto for a sauce. It would be an incredible formula to wipe out your refrigerator with any vegetables that should be spent.
Could you supper prep this formula? Completely! This formula warms well in the microwave on the off chance that you need to take it for lunch. You may make a twofold bit for supper on the off chance that you need any extras however!
This is a quick and easy vegetarian week night dinner!
- 1 medium eggplant, diced into 1” cubes
- 2 cups (or 1 package) mushrooms, chopped in half
- 1 yellow squash, chopped into 1/2” half moons
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 1/2” half moons
- 8–10 medium tomatoes, cut in half
- 5–8 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, optional
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place all of the ingredients on a large sheet pan
- Toss everything together (using your hands) until the oil is covering all of the ingredients
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Toss everything again so the roasted tomatoes get saucy
- Top with Parmesan and serve!