Having this exemplary formula in your formula box is an absolute necessity! These ideal Chocolate Cupcakes are combined with the most stunning Chocolate Frosting. These stunning damp chocolate cupcakes will be your new top pick!
This has been a strict work of adoration! I have tried plans from each significant formula source and have not had the option to discover the one I viewed as great. My optimal formula is one that is entirely domed, which has the perfect measure of chocolate, that has a light and soggy scrap.
Look no further… this is the BEST Chocolate Cupcake Recipe! What makes this formula extraordinary? Two fixings that are not the “standard” in most chocolate cupcake plans; acrid cream and genuine dissolved chocolate. They do astounding things to this cupcake!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) unsalted butter
- 2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks or 339g) unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups (250g) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 -5 tablespoons brewed hot coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. This recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes, so prepare one pan (or maybe two) with cupcake liners.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each time. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream and whisk on medium speed until smooth. (about 1 minute)
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cooled butter/chocolate to the stand mixer and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time with the stand mixer on low.
- As soon as you are done adding the flour turn the mixer off. (You do not want to over-mix!)
- The batter will be very thick.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The center of the cupcake should spring back up if gently pressed.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. (should be about 1 1/2 minutes total)
- Place room temperature butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer, starting on low, then increasing speed to medium-high. Cream together until light, fluffy, and a pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl, add 4 tablespoons of hot coffee to cocoa and stir. If the mixture is still very thick, you can add 1 more tablespoon of hot coffee.
- Turn the mixer off and add in cooled chocolate and cocoa/coffee mixture.
- Turn mixer on to the lowest setting and add in confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time. Once incorporated, turn mixer on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Frosting will darken as it sets.
- Make sure cupcakes are cool before frosting.
- Garnish with sprinkles (chocolate jimmies) if you want!