Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps that are better-than-take-out and made from scratch in less than 30 minutes! Grilled chicken smothered in the tastiest general-tso’s inspired sauce with crunchy cashews, spooned into a crisp green lettuce cup.
We had a BUSY weekend — swimming, BBQ’s with companions, tasks, and an extinguished tire. I’m needing a simple, calm supper this evening and these lettuce wraps are at the highest point of my list!They are not just unimaginably simple, they are loaded with sooo much flavor. I end up making “yummy” commotions with each chomp. Does any other individual do that? My better half ridicules me, however it’s absolutely subliminal. At the point when I love what I’m eating it’s difficult to stay silent! hahaha.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps start with chicken bosoms, cut into reduced down pieces and sauteed over medium warmth. Add a straightforward asian sauce that thickens directly in the skillet with the chicken. Mix in certain cashews toward the end, and spoon everything into a lettuce cup.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps start with chicken bosoms, cut into scaled down pieces and sauteed over medium warmth. Add a basic asian sauce that thickens directly in the dish with the chicken. Mix in certain cashews toward the end, and spoon everything into a lettuce cup.
Delicious, easy and bursting with flavor–there’s so much to love about these Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Serve them as a main dish or appetizer
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil or substitute canola oil
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces to taste
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 head green leafy lettuce (romaine, bib, or butter)
- 5 green onions , chopped, divided
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot skillet. Cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the sauce from the bowl and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened. Add sriracha hot sauce, to taste. Stir in cashews and most of the green onion, reserving a big handful for garnish at the end.
- Serve in cold lettuce cups. Top with remaining chopped green onions if desired.
- Next time try one of these lettuce wrap recipes!