This easy vegan potato curry is perfect for a comforting weeknight dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Made with soft potatoes, flavourful tomatoes and a rich sauce, this is delicious served over a bed of rice. Gluten-free and oil-free.
I’ve recently entered the second seven day stretch of my vacation to Russia, and on the day that I’m composing this, the climate arrived at a stunning 6 degrees Celsius. The season this comes as a shock is on the grounds that it snowed only two days prior. Presently everything is liquefying, a sign that spring has unquestionably shown up.
I have a great deal of customary Russian-food enlivened plans I need to share, as a ton of you demand them and I myself love making vegetarian renditions of youth top picks. However, today, I’m sharing an alternate solace food exemplary that a significant number of us know about. Which is a simple veggie lover potato curry.
Or then again curry of any kind. I love cooking snappy worked on curry dishes that regardless don’t miss any flavor. In case you’re similar to me, this will be a dish you’ll need to make again and again again.As you can see, I made various varieties of this all the time!.This vegetarian potato curry is additionally an incredible method to eat more vegetables. I generally talk about my adoration for vegetables, and how it’s feasible to add a greater amount of them to your eating routine regardless of whether you’re not a fanatic of plate of mixed greens.
You can cook a tasty curry, serve it over cushy white rice, and gratitude to the tomatoes spinach, actually get two or three servings of veg. Smart dieting is tied in with rolling out little improvements at whatever point you can, and upgrading the dietary benefit of your number one dishes!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 oz fresh tomatoes, chopped (around 5 medium tomatoes)
- 14 oz potatoes, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk, 14 oz
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or thawed from frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- rice, to serve
- Add the garlic and onion to a non-stick saucepan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add a splash of water if it starts to stick to keep this recipe oil-free. Then, add the tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute more to coat.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and press them down gently. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, for around 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- At the last minute, stir in the spinach and the green peas, cooking until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over a bed of rice of your choice.
* If serving with rice.