Asian Slaw recipe with quinoa and fresh vegetables in a sweet, savory, sesame ginger dressing. Serve Asian slaw as a salad or side for lunch or dinner. Add chicken thighs or chicken breast and make a meal out of it!
This is the hacked Asian serving of mixed greens you can make ONCE and eat ALL week! It’s made with straightforward, ordinary produce and storeroom fixings, which makes it very flexible and financial plan well disposed.On the off chance that you like to feast prep servings of mixed greens for lunch or supper, this one holds up pleasantly during that time and ventures well!
I love the straightforwardness of an Asian cabbage plate of mixed greens since it transforms ordinary produce like cabbage into a devourable Asian slaw that eats actually like a serving of mixed greens. The quinoa adds supplements, surface, and volume, making it significantly more sound and financial plan well disposed.
Asian Slaw recipe with quinoa and fresh vegetables in a sweet, savory, sesame ginger dressing. Serve Asian slaw as a salad or side for lunch or dinner. Add chicken thighs or chicken breast and make meal out of it!
Asian Slaw Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Cashews chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds black or white
- 6 cups Red or Green Cabbage 1 lb shredded
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Carrots 1/4 lb shredded
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 Green Onions sliced thin.
Sesame Ginger Dressing (yields 1/2 cup):
- 1/4 cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil light or dark.
Asian Slaw Ingredient Prep
- Preheat oven to 350°; toast SESAME SEEDS and CASHEWS by placing them on a sheet pan in a preheated oven until golden brown (about 3 minutes). Allow to cool. Cover and store at room temperature until ready to dress and serve the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine CABBAGE, cooked QUINOA, CARROTS, CILANTRO, and GREEN ONIONS; cover and refrigerate until ready to dress and serve.
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- In a mixing bowl or lidded jar, mix together RICE VINEGAR, GINGER, GARLIC, MAPLE SYRUP (or sweetener of choice), SALT, and PEPPER.
- Slowly drizzle in OLIVE OIL and SESAME OIL, continually whisking until well-blended and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to dress and serve.
Asian Slaw Serving and Storage
- Just before serving, add toasted nuts and seeds to the salad. Toss all ingredients together with the sesame ginger dressing.Dressed Asian slaw can be stored in an airtight container up to 24 hours. Non-dressed slaw can be stored up to 5 days.