Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos made in a creamy Thai peanut sauce, topped with a fresh pineapple slaw, and served in a flour tortilla.
In the event that you haven’t saw, I have somewhat of a dependence on Thai food. I truly love adding Thai flavors to conventional food sources (like pizza and tacos!) Take this Thai Chicken Pizza, or this Thai Quinoa Salad , for instance. What’s more, these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perhaps the most mainstream plans on my blog. The best part pretty much these plans is they are past simple to make. Truly.
These Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Slaw are To. Bite the dust. For! I need to make them after my little man has rested (since he’s hypersensitive to peanuts), yet that is OK in light of the fact that my significant other and I have no issue breathing in the whole feast without help from anyone else. The first formula comes from Jen over at Carlsbad Cravings – I just added some more things to the slaw, and changed the nut sauce a bit. These are GOOOOOOD. Like great.
For best outcomes we like to utilize a 1/3 chicken blend to 2/3 slaw proportion layer your tortilla with simply a spoonful of the nut chicken, and afterward a few spoonfuls of slaw. The flavor combo is astonishing, and the mash of the slaw goes so well with the rich chicken in nut sauce. Expectation you all adoration these however much we do!
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root , mined (or 3/4 tsp dried ground ginger)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter.
- 2 cups fresh pineapples , chopped
- 3 cups packaged broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cucumber , peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the slaw by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
For the Thai Peanut Chicken
- In a medium size bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, dried basil, black pepper and cornstarch.
- Add chicken pieces and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and marinade to the hot pan.
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add peanut butter and still until incorporated and smooth. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into your tortilla and spoon the slaw on top.
- I like to use a 1/3 chicken to 2/3 slaw ratio. Top with a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired. Eat immediately.