Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are the ideal game day or gathering hors d’oeuvre. Brisk and simple, these poppers consolidate deseeded jalapeños, a rich filling, and pre-cooked bacon. Leave a couple of seeds for a hot kick!
Ya’ll. These jalapeño poppers have been a staple in our home for quite a while now. Indeed, even Josh, our most seasoned, has been known to prepare a cluster for a lot of companions on game day.
Pre-cooked bacon will guarantee that following 25 minutes, the bacon will be firm, and the jalapeños cooked through and delicate. In the event that you utilize crude bacon, you’ll have an oily wreck, and the bacon will in any case not be fresh (following 25 minutes). Trust me on this.
You could, obviously, pre-cook some crude bacon and utilize that. Simply ensure it is adequately adaptable (not very fresh) to fold over the stuffed peppers.
- 10 fresh jalapenos sliced in half and de-seeded
- 8 ounces light cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 20 toothpicks for assembling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapeños in half, length-wise, and remove seeds. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder in medium bowl. Use hand-held mixer to cream ingredients together.
- Use a spoon to fill jalapeño halves with cream cheese mixture. Wrap bacon slice around each half and insert toothpick to keep it in place.
- Place jalapeño poppers on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon crisps. You may broil for a minute or two, as well. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare these the day before your event, and store (covered) in the refrigerator.
- Some jalapeños are hotter than others. Beware!
- Always use gloves when handling the insides of jalapeños.
- Never touch your eyes after handling jalapeños.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 77mg | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 0.1mg