These Breakfast Egg Rolls can be customized to whatever add-ins you like and are made a tad healthier by “frying” in the air fryer rather than deep frying in oil.
When making Breakfast Egg Rolls you can swap up the “fillings” to whatever you like to pair with the eggs. I had some meat free sausage patties leftover from when I created Breakfast Burritos so I went with that. Air Fryer Bacon is also an amazing choice.I chose to air fry these egg rolls but you can also bake them. If baking, follow all instructions except place on baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 425 F.These breakfast egg rolls are filled with scrambled eggs, cheese and whatever other breakfast items you like. I’ve air fried them to keep them a little bit lighter.
Course: Breakfast, brunch
Keyword: breakfast, egg
- 2 eggs
- 2 T milk
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 sausage patties or any other additional stir ins
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 1 T olive oil
- Cook sausage or substitute in a small skillet according to package. Remove from pan and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, a pinch of both salt and pepper. Add a tsp of oil or a small pat of butter to pan, over medium/low heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook a few minutes, stirring occasionally to create scrambled eggs. Stir in sausage. Set aside.
- Place egg roll wrapper on a work surface with points creating a diamond shape. Place about 1 T of cheese on bottom third of wrapper. Top with egg mixture.
- Wet a finger or pastry brush with water and brush all edges of egg roll wrapper, this will help it seal.
- Fold bottom point of egg roll wrapper up and over the filling, trying to get it as tight as you can. Next, fold in the sides, creating an envelope looking shape. Last, wrap the top point around the entire wrapper. Place seam side down and continue to assemble the remaining rolls.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Brush rolls with oil or spray them if you have a misto. Place in preheated basket. Set to 400 F for 8 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip egg rolls over. Return egg rolls to air fryer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!