Meet your newest sheet-pan dinner obsession: the very best Veggie Shawarma Recipe. Cauliflower, sweet potato & chickpeas, seasoned with a flavorful shawarma seasoning & roasted to crispy golden brown perfection. You can serve this chickpea shawarma up in a colorful bowl with easy lemon tahini sauce, or in a fluffy naan pita sandwich. A 40-minute vegan recipe so perfect for healthy weeknight cooking & Meatless Monday. Veg shawarma = HECK YAS.
Have you at any point seen a beautiful bowl of roasty-hot, quite useful for-you, dynamically brilliant goodness?! Protected to say, this sheet skillet veggie shawarma is essentially all I deeply desire at the moment.Hearty and soothing cauliflower, yam and chickpeas get thrown with shawarma preparing (otherwise known as an absolute flavor bomb of warm Middle Eastern flavors) and meal on a solitary sheet container until completely brilliant earthy colored and fresh.
The best part is that this simple veggie lover shawarma formula is tasty, sound, and fulfilling… and with regards to weeknight cooking, I don’t know it improves than that. Weeknight trifecta.
Customarily, shawarma is a Middle Eastern dish of daintily cut meat that is prepared with warming flavors (like cumin, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and so forth) and simmered on a rotisserie. and while I love shawarma chicken, hamburger and sheep similarly as much as anyone else, I reeeally needed to make a plant-based shawarma recipe.So that is by and large how we arrived: a scrumptious and fulfilling veggie shawarma formula with chickpeas, cauliflower, yam, and allllllll of the exemplary shawarma flavors. The warm Middle Eastern-propelled flavors wake up in the broiler, and the nectar helps makes those addictively caramelized fresh pieces that you desire when you consider shawarma.
Sheet pan veggie shawarma bowls with roasted cauliflower & sweet potato – this EASY and HEALTHY veggie shawarma recipe is the ultimate sheet-pan veg shawarma dinner!
for the bowls:
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 1 sweet potato, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- for serving: quinoa, shredded cabbage or lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced red onions, tahini sauce (below), etc.
for the shawarma seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- water, as needed
for the tahini sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- water, as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up. Set aside. Spread the drained & rinsed chickpeas over a couple of paper towels and pat dry. Seems annoying, I know, but water is the enemy when it comes to crispy roasted chickpeas…patting them dry is key. Set aside.
- Prep the shawarma seasoning: Add all listed ingredients to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Depending on how juicy your lemon is, you may want to add in a splash of water to loosen the seasoning up enough to coat all the veggies & chickpeas. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Shawarma-ify the veggies & chickpeas: To the large bowl with the shawarma seasoning, add the chickpeas, cauliflower florets & diced sweet potato. Season with the salt and ground black pepper. Toss to coat the veggies & chickpeas with the shawarma sauce, ensuring everything is coated evenly. Transfer the shawarma veggies & chickpeas to the prepared baking sheets, arranging everything with enough room around it to roast up nicely.
- Roast the shawarma chickpeas & veggies for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until the cauliflower & sweet potato are tender with crispy, browned edges. Remove from the oven & squeeze the lemon juice over top. Set aside.
- Make the tahini sauce: Meanwhile, as the veggies & chickpeas roast, make the tahini sauce. Combine all listed ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking to combine. Add a splash of water to loosen the tahini sauce to your desired consistency. Set aside, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve! Pile the crispy shawarma veggies & chickpeas over top quinoa, shredded cabbage or lettuce, & top with thinly sliced cucumber & red onion, crumbled feta cheese, chopped cilantro, & tahini sauce as desired. Enjoy!