These Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are always a hit with their pillowy soft crust and velvety filling! This easy apple dessert needs just 3 ingredients and is ready in 25 minutes. They’re fabulous anytime and perfect for parties, potlucks and holidays!
What could be superior to fruit dessert with a cinnamon move outside layer? This reduced down sweet is consoling and fulfilling, yet perhaps the least demanding pastry on the site. Additionally, you can handle divides since each cup is just 200 calories.
These fruit dessert cups are prepared in around 25 minutes utilizing only 3 fixings. Take a stab at serving them warm out of the broiler finished off with frozen yogurt or with a shower of icing! You can likewise freeze them for bites and pack snacks later on.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are like mini apple pies with a pillowy soft crust and a velvety apple pie filling.
- 2 13-oz packages refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, I used Pillsbury
- 1 21-oz can apple pie filling
- icing, from cinnamon roll package, or ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Open the cinnamon roll package and remove one cinnamon roll. Flatten it with your fingertips on the work surface (you can also use a rolling pin).
- Then press the flattened cinnamon roll into one muffin cup to fit. Repeat for the remaining muffin cups.
- Spoon apple pie filling into each muffin cup until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Slide a small spatula around the edges to remove the cups.
- Optional: Heat the icing in the microwave for 10 seconds on low-power and then drizzle onto the cups. Alternatively, serve with ice cream or caramel sauce.
- If you use a brand of cinnamon roll dough other than Pillsbury, use the oven temperature and baking time specified on the package instructions.
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling: to make your own filling, simmer the following in a saucepan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until soft:
- 4 large apples (Granny Smoth, Honeycrisp, Spy etc.), peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar until soft
- Large Cinnamon Rolls: To use them, you’ll need to cut them to fit the muffin cups and piece leftover strips together for additional cups.
- Make Ahead: You can make apple pie cups one day ahead of time and store at room temperature in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.