A healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad with zesty lime vinaigrette. This cold quinoa salad can be made ahead for meal prep lunches or dinners.
Quinoa is an incredible base for plates of mixed greens since it absorbs the kinds of the dressing and flavors until it is extra tasty. This southwest quinoa plate of mixed greens has crunchy red ringer pepper, sweet corn and dark beans. The kinds of bean stew and lime make the ideal southwest dressing!
I love to make a cluster of this quinoa plate of mixed greens on Sunday and afterward have it for lunch during the week. It’s filling and extra delectable with custom made guacamole. I partition it into singular dinner prep compartments for in and out lunch divides.
Quinoa is one of my most loved superfoods in light of the fact that the small seeds contain such a lot of sustenance. Quinoa contains the entirety of the fundamental amino acids, which makes it a total protein. This makes quinoa an extraordinary wellspring of protein in veggie lover meals.You can make this southwest quinoa serving of mixed greens with white or red quinoa. All quinoa has a nutty, hearty flavor. This flavor is more grounded in red quinoa and milder in white quinoa. Red quinoa additionally has a chewier, nearly crunchy surface.
A healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad with zesty lime vinaigrette. This cold quinoa salad can be made ahead for meal prep lunches or dinners
For the salad:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup quinoa (well rinsed and drained)
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup canned corn (drained)
- 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
For the lime vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- guacamole or avocado (if desired).
- Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 12-16 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Whisk (or shake in a jar with a lid) until well combined.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir in the corn, black beans, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve salad warm or cold, with guacamole or sliced avocado if desired.
Quinoa salad can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.