If you’re looking for an easier way to enjoy a homemade version of your favorite sushi roll at home – this California Roll Sushi Bowls recipe is for you! Very easy to make, minimal prep and cook time – resulting in a delicious, filling bowl of sushi rice layered with cucumber slices, carrots, diced avocado and Sriracha Mayo coated crab.
Let’s face it here. What amount would you say you are spending on sushi when you feast out or request take out? Is it true that you resemble me and cycle through wanting exactly the same things for a while? I as of late fell off a pizza gorge.I didn’t need anything yet pizza – in any event, when I was attempting to be acceptable, I would be at the rec center and see a pizza business and I just needed to have it. Insane longings, I know! I do likewise with sushi. Be that as it may, its so costly once you and your life partner begin purchasing 3-4+ sushi rolls (since you can’t simply get 1 or 2, right?)!
Presently, I’m not advising you to totally quit requesting out. That would be insane, as well. In any case, what’s the damage in attempting to make it at home and save a couple of bucks?? None!This is the most straightforward, tasty and the least expensive variant of a sushi bowl. I by and large utilize the vegetables I have available for garnishes, however you can add whatever makes you excited or you have close by in your own kitchen.
Make one of your favorite sushi roll’s at home – deconstructed and in a bowl! Cost effective, easy to throw together, and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, (more or less, to taste)
Sriracha Mayo Crab:
- 12 oz imitation crab meat
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, (or regular)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 small English cucumber, (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 large avocado, (diced)
- sesame seeds
- low-sodium soy sauce.
- Add the rice to a fine mesh strainer and run under cold water for 1-2 minutes, rinsing until the water runs clear.
- Allow the rice to thoroughly drain and then transfer it to a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water. Place on high heat and bring the rice to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest, undisturbed and covered, for 15 additional minutes.
- While you wait, place a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring with a whisk, until the sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from the burner to allow to cool slightly.
- When the rice is ready, pour the vinegar mixture overtop of the rice and stir to thoroughly mix. Fold until all of vinegar mixture has been absorbed by the rice.
- To a small mixing bowl, combine the crab meat with the sriracha and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- To four bowls add the rice and layer with crab mixture, cucumber slices, carrots, diced avocado, sesame seeds and micro greens. Drizzle with soy sauce and enjoy!