This Spanish Chicken Tray Bake is totally overflowing with flavor! Tranquil suppers don’t come more tasty than this!
Oooooo you folks. Have I got a formula for you! In a real sense no exertion by any stretch of the imagination, bung it in a plate, pop it in the stove and permit your kitchen to load up with the most exquisite fragrance possible. Ideal for weeknight clamor commotions!
First of all – how about we talk chicken. For this formula you’ll require bone in skin on chicken thighs. Thighs are incredible in light of the fact that they will in general be fattier than bosom, which means they can take a lot higher warmth for a more extended timeframe before they dry out. Having the bone in guarantee the thighs cook all the more equitably, while having the skin on gives you a dazzling firm layer to go on top.
Would i be able to utilize chicken bosom?
Because of the above reasons I don’t suggest utilizing normal chicken bosom for this formula. You can anyway utilize drumsticks as that is dim meat and will actually want to take on the warmth.
- 6 Chicken Thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika (can sub regular paprika)
- 1.5 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 Lemon (juice of)
- 7oz / 200g Chorizo, sliced
- 1 cup / 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup / 50g Olives
- 8-12 Baby Potatoes, halved
- 5-6 cloves of Garlic, lightly crushed (skins left on)
- 1 large White Onion, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, cored & sliced
- 1 Orange/Yellow Pepper, cored & sliced
- 1/2 Orange, zest only
- few sprigs of Rosemary
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups / 500ml Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 Lemon, juice only
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine your marinade and chicken thighs in a suitably sized bowl, cover with cling film and marinate for as long as you time for (up to overnight).
- Combine all of your tray bake ingredients apart from the olives & tomatoes in a large tray. Mix with a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Evenly lay your chicken thighs on top (skin side up). Ensure your potatoes are all visible to allow them to crisp, then make sure the chorizo is more hidden to prevent it from drying. Grate over orange zest and place in the oven at 210C/410F for 30mins.
- Take out the oven, flip the potatoes and baste the chicken with the juices. Evenly toss in your tomatoes and olives, then pop back in the oven for another 25-30 mins or until the chicken skin is crispy and begins to char.
- Serve with endless amounts of bread and butter, rice or just as it is!
- Homemade Gravy (optional)
- Once you’ve taken everything out, keep the juices in the tray and pop over low-medium heat on the stove.
- Stir in flour to create a paste, then gradually add in your stock. Add your lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Stir until thickened.
- Save the juices! – Whether you choose to make the gravy or not, that oil at the bottom of the tray is packed full of flavour. A little drizzle over the chicken when it’s served will work wonders.
- Can I use other parts of chicken? – You could use drumsticks or a mix or drumsticks and thighs, just be vigilant of timing if they are different sizes. I don’t recommend using breasts, the tray is in the oven too long for them to stay moist.
- Serving size and calories – This will feed 4 hungry people and 6 with a side of bread, rice or another side. Calories are based on feeding 4 without the gravy.
Spanish Chicken Tray Bake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 838Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12.234g61%
Trans Fat 0.063g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6.038g
Monounsaturated Fat 23.059g
Vitamin A 4750IU95%
Vitamin C 109.7mg133%