To the Sausage Roll darlings among us – accumulate and listen intently. These Chorizo Antipasto Stuffed Chicken is your new fast and delectable midweek supper all set. Excessively simple to make and totally overflowing with flavor, you will not eat chicken bosoms some other way once more!
You all, this. is. unfathomable… Like truly. Appetizer without help from anyone else is now one of my number one things to eat, however stuff it inside some succulent chicken bosoms and enclose it by some firm prosciutto?? In a real sense slobbering once more at the idea.
To be completely forthright with you it’s generally a light sort of circumstance with most things I make, yet this was somewhat extraordinary.
For those of you who don’t have the foggiest idea, I convey a week by week gathering to my magnificent email supporters and offer a decision on which plans they’d prefer to see be made. A week ago’s vote included ‘appetizer pasto’ and ‘stuffed chicken bosoms’. No doubt you see where I’m going with this. ‘Stuffed chicken bosoms’ was the triumphant vote, yet just barely.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 125g / 4.4oz Mozzarella, sliced
- 6-8 Olives, pitted & sliced
- 6 Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 5 slices Prosciutto
- 2 Artichoke Hearts, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- 6 Toothpicks/Cocktail sticks
- Pre heat oven to 200c/390f.
- Slice a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Try and slice as deep and wide as you can, but don’t go all the way through. Season inside out with oregano and black pepper.
- Stuff your chicken with the ingredients (apart from prosciutto), working layer by layer and making sure the mozzarella is in the centre.
- Wrap each breasts with 2 and a half slices of prosciutto, then secure with 3 toothpicks/cocktail sticks.
- Spray with a little olive oil then pop in the oven for 20mins or until white through the centre with the juices running clear.
- Salt – As you can see I have used no salt here. Most if not all of the ingredients used are already pretty salty, so in my opinion you don’t need to add any more. And trust me, I love me some salt. My advice is to stick without it and only season after cooking if you think it needs it.
- Marinaded Ingredients – All of the fillings are often sold in oils/marinades which add even more flavour to the chicken. If you get to choose, for example between sun dried tomatoes with or without a brine, choose those in the brine. The added oil will help lubricate the chicken and prevent it from drying out. Just dry them a tiny bit before you use them if they’re swimming in oil.
Antipasto Stuffed Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories 401Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.739g9%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.382g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.177g
Vitamin A 1100IU22%
Vitamin C 18.2mg22%