These Homemade Crunchwraps are loaded down with Buffalo Chicken, Blue Cheese and Tortilla Chips. They likewise couldn’t be simpler to make!
See, I love living in the UK, I truly do. Be that as it may, the reality we just have around 30 Taco Bells? Not cool. Going to Taco Bell at whatever point I visit the US is consistently a feature 🤣 Anywho, natively constructed crunchwraps? Gotta be finished!
Crunchwrap supremes have been impersonated to the high sky and back, so I needed to slap my own curve on things. For me this combo is an easy decision – natively constructed wild ox chicken stuffed inside a crunchy tortilla? Ohhhhh yes!
Sure! A great deal of plans really do. I simply think that its simpler to crease the crunchwraps with tortilla chips, particularly if utilizing 10″ wraps. You can likewise utilize Doritos on the off chance that you extravagant!
For this formula I utilize 10″ tortilla wraps, which makes 6 crunchwraps. You can utilize 12″ as well, you’ll simply wind up with 4-5 crunchwraps all things considered. It’s critical to ensure they’re flour tortillas and that you warm them in the microwave before you crease. Both of these things guarantee the tortillas don’t tear (corn tortillas are frequently more fragile).
- 6x 10″ Flour Tortilla Wraps, warmed in the microwave (see notes)
- 2 packed cups / 300g Cooked Shredded Chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Buffalo Sauce
- 3oz / 90g Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2oz / 60g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2oz / 60g Tortilla Chips (see notes)
- 1 rib of Celery, finely diced
- 1 large Spring/Green Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Whole Lettuce, shredded (or as needed)
- Oil Spray, as needed
- Sour Cream or Ranch, to serve
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 tightly packed cups (~300g) shredded chicken, 1/2cup/125ml buffalo sauce, 1 finely diced rib of celery and 1 finely diced large spring onion. Place to one side.
- Evenly split ingredients and in the centre of a tortilla wrap stack in this order: lettuce, crumbled blue cheese, buffalo chicken, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the outside of the wrap over the centre, making your way around the wrap until the centre is completely covered (see video for guidance).
- Place seem side down on a lightly pan over medium heat. Fry for 3-4mins or until deep golden and crispy, then flip and cook until the other side is golden. You should be able to fit 3 crunchwraps in a 12″ skillet, so just work in 2 batches.
- Cut in half and enjoy with sour cream or ranch!
- Wrap Size / Servings – In the UK wraps are usually around 10″, but understand they can also be sold at 12″. If you have 12″ you’ll probably get 4-5 crunchwraps, as opposed to 6.
- Making Shredded Chicken – Grab two large chicken breasts (approx 14oz/400g), season & fry both sides to get a nice colour, then fill up with water or chicken stock, pop a lid on and allow to simmer until cooked throughout. Depending on the size of breasts this could take between 8-12mins. Pop in a bowl and shred with two forks.
- Crunch – Some recipes use tostadas for the ‘crunch’ in a crunch wrap, but I find tortilla chips better to use as you can move them around easier/use more or less depending on wrap size. But you can use tostadas if you want, or even Doritos!
- Can I make these ahead of time? – I actually don’t recommend it as the tortilla chips and lettuce tend to go soggy. They are fairly quick and easy to make though, just so you keep the ‘crunch’ in the crunchwrap. Nobody likes a soggy crunchwrap.
- Calories – based on 1 crunchwrap without a dip.
Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
Amount Per Serving
Calories 421Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6.307g32%
Trans Fat 0.111g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.121g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.349g
Vitamin A 923IU18%
Vitamin C 2.3mg3%