Custom made Eggnog Lattes are unquestionably better compared to Starbucks. Join solid espresso (or coffee) with custom made eggnog, a dash of milk, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. So delightful for the Christmas season!
Is it accurate to say that you are a drive-through espresso someone who is addicted? Provided that this is true, this post is for YOU. Allow me to set aside you some cash and offer a heavenly latte formula that I realize you’ll adore. Making a cluster of eggnog will permit you to have these each and every morning and offer some with your family as well.
I need to concede, I love at times getting a latte at Starbucks when I’m making the rounds. I particularly love getting one and tasting while I shop. The issue is that it’s 2020, and it’s difficult to drink a latte through a cover (that are needed in stores).
- 1 cup eggnog – homemade version on my site
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg – to serve
Make the eggnog (ahead of time, if possible).
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and ground nutmeg over medium heat. Heat mixture to about 165 degrees, whisking often. Don’t boil.
- Temper the eggs. Use a measuring cup to dip into the saucepan, and drizzle heated mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Continue adding the hot liquid until about half of it has been added to the eggs. Then pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and continue heating until the liquid is at 165 degrees. Remove from heat.
- You can use the eggnog immediately for your lattes, if desired. Or store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. The eggnog will thicken slightly as it sits.
- In a small saucepan, combine the espresso (or strong coffee), one cup of eggnog, and the milk. Heat up until hot, whisking as you go.
- Pour into two large holiday mugs, add some whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and enjoy!
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 356mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg