French Silk Pie is a flavorful chocolate pie on a graham saltine hull, finished off with whipping cream and shaved chocolate! It tastes similarly as luxurious as it looks. We save this one for uncommon festivals at our home!
Zach just declared this evening that French Silk Pie is his #1 sweet and that he needs it for his birthday. His eighteenth birthday celebration on April 27! OMG. How is my child turning 18? I can’t even.
I made this sweet for organization this previous end of the week. Indeed, really, I made it twice! Since I didn’t peruse the formula accurately and botched the graham wafer outside (that I’ve just made multiple times). ugh. I didn’t utilize sufficient spread in the outside so it was difficult to get the pie out of the pie dish. What’s more, fortunately, I realized that promptly in the day since I was attempting to photo it. So I hurried to the store and prepared another pie with EXTRA spread in the outside.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the pie:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
- 2 whole pasteurized eggs I used Lucerne Liquid Eggs
- 8 oz. cool whip
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- shaved chocolate for serving
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press firmly in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
For the pie:
- Using a hand mixer (can also use standing mixer), cream the butter and sugar together until creamy. Stir in melted and cooled chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating in mixer for five minutes each.
- Add cool whip and mix. Pour mixture into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla, until it forms stiff peaks. Add to top of pie, along with shaved chocolate.
- Use a food processor to crush the graham cracker crumbs. It’s much easier that way and you get nice even crumbs.
- Set your butter out on the counter ahead of time so it’s ready to be creamed with the sugar.
- When melting the unsweetened chocolate in the microwave, cook on 50% power for about two minutes and then let it sit for another couple of minutes before stirring. This method works perfectly every time for me. If you over-cook the chocolate, it will be stringy instead of creamy.
- Buy pasteurized eggs for this recipe because they are safe to eat in raw form.
- When beating the eggs into the pie mixture, beat for 4-5 minutes for each egg. This will make the pie incredibly creamy. I used my hand mixer for this recipe, but you could use a standing mixer as well.
- Store pie in refrigerator.
- This French Silk Pie freezes well. Add whipping cream and chocolate after it is thawed.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.9mg