Orange Jalapeño Margaritas join tequila, orange alcohol, new lime juice, new squeezed orange, and basic syrup – with some tangled jalapeño cuts for some warmth. You choose how hot you like your mixed drinks, and join jalapeños in like manner. A particularly fascinating and wonderful creation for party time!
Ya’ll most likely definitely realize that I’m a zest young lady. At the end of the day, I like my food on the hot side, and I’m tied in with attempting zesty mixed drinks as well. I’ve certainly needed to “cool” things off on the blog, and have returned and changed a few plans with altogether too much jalapeño and cayenne. I for the most part disclose approaches to take the flavor level up or down, contingent upon YOUR inclinations.
So I’ve been on the chase of late, for a hot marg, and chose to make one myself. My first endeavor was a major ole’ bomb! I imbued tequila with an enormous jalapeño with ALL the seeds, and let it sit for 24 hours or a smidgen more. We should simply say that my mouth was ON FIRE. Alright not in a real sense, however nearly!
- 6 oz. silver tequila
- 3 oz. orange cointreau
- 2 oz. lime juice – freshly squeezed
- 3 oz. orange juice – freshly squeezed
- simple syrup – to taste (optional)
- jalapeno slices
- salt and orange/lime wedges – to serve
- Prepare in advance. 1) Squeeze limes and oranges, and store fresh juice in the refrigerator. 2) Slice orange and lime slices for serving. 3) Make simple syrup.
- At party time, prepare margarita glasses. Pour kosher salt on a plate. Take a lime wedge and run it around the rims of your glasses. Dip glasses in salt, and fill glasses with ice. Garnish with orange and lime slices, and a jalapeno slice.
- Take a couple of fresh jalapno slices and place in the bottom of the cocktail shaker. Use a muddler, and muddle the slices for about 5-6 seconds.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime and orange juice, and simple syrup (if desired). Shake vigorously.
- Pour immediately into two prepared margarita glasses. Repeat for additional cocktails.
How to make simple syrup:
- Place an equal amount of water and sugar in a small saucepan. (I usually do a cup of each.)
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and pour into a mason jar, or another container.
- After it cools, store in the refrigerator for cocktails of your choice.
- You will only need a couple of ounces per drink, but it’s nice to keep some in the refrigerator for emergency cocktails!
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 118mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 30mg