I love making smoothies since I will load them with bunches of solid fixings but then they taste like a scrumptious milkshake! This is a sound and simple formula for a smoothie that we like to make here in our home. It’s sans dairy and made with healthy fixings.
This chocolate avocado smoothie is velvety, completely flavorful, and due to the chia seeds has a touch of thickness which helps me to remember chocolate pudding… absolutely positively however! It’s rich and chocolatey goodness you can appreciate righteous whenever! Thus, why not make one at this point!
- 1 ripe banana, frozen if you have it
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 1–2 tablespoon almond, peanut or other nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds (Optional. Makes it thicker)
- 1 cup cold almond milk, a little more may be needed if you want it thinner
- 1–2 pitted dates or 1–2 teaspoons of honey/maple syrup, if needed (only use dates if you have a high powered blender)
- few ice cubes, unless you used frozen bananas
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Frozen bananas make the smoothie cold and thicker, but you can add a few ice cubes if you use an unfrozen banana. The amount of dates/honey/syrup you use is a matter of taste. Only add if needed. Because of the chia seeds, this shake thickens as it sits. Add more milk if you’d like it thinner.