This simple, messy, smooth Feta Spinach Stuffed French Bread is ridiculously rich and delectable. It helps me to remember a Greek spanakopita, however totally stuffed inside an awesome portion of sourdough bread. Cut, it’s an ideal tidbit for parties!
I love cheddar and this is stacked with it. Cream cheddar, loads of feta and mozzarella. Cleaved salami and spinach are included along with everything else, at that point are full and heated inside bread. Sounds great, isn’t that so?
My first contemplations when needing to make spanakopita was the crunchy outside the sheets of phyllo batter get in the wake of preparing. That crunch was the thing I was searching for in these. Well what I thought was phyllo batter, or fillo, anyway you need to spell it, was puff baked good sheets. That wasn’t going to work, so a new portion of french bread would do.
I cut the top off evenly and scooped out the inside bread leaving a superb outside holder. I utilized the torn bread for another bunch of my Portuguese Bread and Garlic Soup with Cilantro and Fresh Shrimp for supper. Squander not need not, correct?
Playing off the Lipton Onion Soup blend formula for plunge, I added feta, mozzarella, cleaved spinach, salami and few different treats. Stuff the portion, sprinkle considerably more mozzarella on top and in the broiler it went. Presently feta cheddar is somewhat on the pungent side, so if that is a potential issue for you I would utilize half of the onion soup blend, or 2 teaspoons dried onions.
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix (See Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese separated
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 24 slices of sliced salami rounds chopped (See Note 2)
- 2 loaves french bread or 4 baguettes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Thaw frozen spinach and drain in a sieve, pressing to extract excess water. Place spinach in a bowl and set aside.
- Sliced the top off the loaf of bread(s) horizontally and scoop out the interior bread leaving a wonderful crust container. Save inside bread pieces for other use.
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion soup mix package and black pepper. Mix to blend and add 1 cup mozzarella and the feta cheese and mix. Next add the spinach and salami. Stir to combine.
- Divide the filling between loaves of bread and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-24 minutes until top is golden and bubbling. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- Feta cheese is a little on the salty side, so if that is a possible issue for you I would use half of the onion soup mix, or just 2 teaspoons dried dehydrated onions or 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- I used a 15 oz package of Gallo Italian Dry Salami slices and chopped them. It was 24 slices total for the recipe.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1.8mg