Cheesy breadsticks made with spaghetti squash for a delicious, low carb alternative to regular breadsticks.
It’s spaghetti squash season and I’ve been purchasing a few of them each time I go to the staple store.Two years prior, I shared a few spaghetti squash plans on the blog. A year ago, I enjoyed a little reprieve from spaghetti squash in the wake of purchasing a not many that were truly hard for me to open. Be that as it may, this year, I found an approach to cook the spaghetti squash entire with the Instant Pot and it reignited my affection for spaghetti squash.
In the event that you like, you can cook spaghetti squash in the stove or the microwave. You can peruse more about those strategies here.For this formula, I utilized my Instant Pot. The Instant Pot steams the spaghetti squash entirety. This was the greatest interest for me as I generally have such trouble cutting the squash down the middle. It just requires around 15 minutes of steaming to totally cook the squash.The squash shell turns out to be extremely delicate and the tissue is really simple to eliminate!
You should cook the spaghetti squash first since spaghetti squash holds a ton of water which should be delivered. On the off chance that you utilize crude squash, it will deliver water when it cooks and cause the breadsticks to be soggy.While ordinarily it is enjoyable to have long strands of spaghetti squash, you will need to cleave up the spaghetti squash for this formula. You don’t need long tacky bits of squash in your breadsticks.Also, actually like with zucchini and cauliflower breadsticks, you should wring the squash dry however much you can.
These cheesy breadsticks are a low carb alternative to regular breadsticks.
- l2 cups cooked & chopped spaghetti squash
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cooked spaghetti squash so that pieces are no more than 1 inch long. Measure out 2 cups. Save the rest of your spaghetti squash for another recipe.
- Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, work in small batches to wring dry the spaghetti squash. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of spaghetti squash remaining.
- Add spaghetti squash, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and almond flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Dump squash mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread out the batter so that it forms an oval that is approximately 9 inches long and ¼ inch thick.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the surface is dry to the touch. Remove from oven and carefully flip over. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese across the surface.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°F. Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to blister. Sprinkle parsley over breadsticks. Slice and serve.
- I used this Instant Pot method for cooking the squash, which you can read more about here. If you prefer oven or microwave, I provide more description here.
- If you do not need to keep the recipe low carb, you can replace almond flour with 3 tbsp all purpose flour.